The Australian National Academy of Music (ANAM) wishes to appoint an Artistic Director to provide exceptional leadership to Australia’s pre-eminent music performance training institution.
ANAM provides artistic and professional development for the finest young classical musicians from Australia and New Zealand. The Board of ANAM is seeking to appoint an outstanding individual to be its next Artistic Director, to commence in January 2021. The Artistic Director will:
• appoint and direct the teaching faculty;
• oversee students’ musical development;
• lead the development and delivery of training programs, including professional, creative, and performance projects; and
• represent ANAM’s vision and achievements to a national and international community.
As the artistic leader of ANAM, the ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• experience and talent as a musical pedagogue, able to lead and inspire exceptional musical development;
• current or previous experience as an exceptional performer;
• ability to devise a broad musical program, encompassing a range of styles and forms; and
• ability to provide artistic leadership to a diverse range of teachers, performers and students to produce exceptional results in a cooperative and supportive culture.
The candidate should also:
• bring a broad Australian and international network of contacts with institutions, ensembles and individual musicians as potential collaborators with ANAM; and
• be able to inspire ANAM’s broad range of stakeholders, supporters and donors.
The successful candidate will need to be based at ANAM in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia for a material portion of the year, although the Board will consider both full-time and part-time candidates for the role.
• Initial inquiries, job description and information packs may be requested (in confidence) from the assisting consultant, Mary Jo Capps via email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
• General information on ANAM may be obtained from anam.com.au/about;
• Applications should be forwarded via email to Mary Jo Capps at email@example.com;
• Applications close 16 February 2020, and interviews will take place in early April.
Senior Coordinator, Training Program
The Program Department at ANAM is tasked with delivering all elements of ANAM’s Professional Performance Program (Program). The Senior Coordinator, Training Program is responsible for broad program development and implementation; the coordination and delivery of performances and performance partnership projects, and program activity design and delivery with its associated budgetary coordination.
Applications close: end of Sunday 16 February 2020
Applications must consist of a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, and a CV which contains three referees, within a single PDF. Referees will not be contacted without prior notice. Applications submitted automatically via ArtsHub will not be accepted.
VOLUNTEER AT ANAM
ANAM has a dedicated team of volunteers who play an important role in helping us do what we do.
If you are interested in volunteering at ANAM please contact Jessica Donohue on 03 9645 7911 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org