This performance marks a celebratory end to trumpeter Sophie Spencer’s time at ANAM. Hear her perform the Haydn Concerto, which is what guest conductor Johannes Fritzsch describes as “one of the absolute central pieces for trumpet players around the world”.
“I am really looking forward to my week at ANAM because we all know these are the cream of the music students in Australia, and we have a broad range of repertoire to work on… it will be fun!”
– Johannes Fritzsch, ANAM Guest Artist
BRAHMS Tragic Overture op. 81
FJ HAYDN Trumpet Concerto in E-flat major HobVlle:1
HENZE Jeux des Tritons from Undine
HINDEMITH Symphonic Metamorphosis on Themes by Carl Maria von Weber
Johannes Fritzsch conductor
Sophie Spencer NSW trumpet
DURATION: APPROX. 1 HOUR 20 MINUTES (NO INTERVAL)
SAVE 10% WITH AN ANAMATES MEMBERSHIP
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MEMBERSHIPS
- For details on ANAM's COVID-safe policy and what to expect at this event, CLICK HERE
- A $5 booking fee applies – this fee is waived for ANAMates members.
- If you are an ANAMates member, please ensure you are logged in to redeem your 10% discount (applied at the checkout, the next step in your booking process).
- If purchasing a senior, concession or under 30 ticket, please provide proof of eligibility. Concession includes full time student card or pension card.
- If you hold a government issued Companion Card you are eligible for a free ticket for your companion. Please call us on 03 9645 7911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your booking.
Johannes Fritzsch’s ANAM residency is generously supported by Peter Jopling AM QC
Photo by Pia Johnson