“Was there anything Paul Hindemith couldn’t do! A master musician, prolific composer, conductor, theorist and educator. His work ethic knew no limits and he produced an extraordinary body of music that encompassed the instrumentation of an entire orchestra and which has since become indispensable repertoire for most musicians. Living and composing through two world wars he used his prodigious talent to communicate the individual and collective desperation and hopes of his time. This concert, 'Kammermusik' or 'chamber music', features some highlights of this prolific and innovative creative genius.”
– Timothy Young
Head of Piano (Margaret Johnson Chair of Piano)
HINDEMITH Kammermusik no. 1, op. 24 no. 1 for 12 solo instruments
HINDEMITH Kleine Kammermusik for woodwind quintet, op. 24 no. 2
HINDEMITH Quartet for clarinet, violin, cello and piano in F major
Timothy Young director/piano
DURATION: APPROX. 1 HOUR (NO INTERVAL)
SAVE 10% WITH AN ANAMATES MEMBERSHIP
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MEMBERSHIPS
- For details on ANAM's COVID-safe policy and what to expect at this event, CLICK HERE
- A $5 booking fee applies – this fee is waived for ANAMates.
- If you are an ANAMates member, please ensure you are logged in to redeem your 10% discount (applied at the checkout, the next step in your booking process).
- If purchasing a senior, concession or under 30 ticket, please provide proof of eligibility. Concession includes full time student card or pension card.
- If you hold a government issued Companion Card you are eligible for a free ticket for your companion. Please call us on 03 9645 7911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your booking.
Timothy Young's ANAM Faculty position is generously supported by the family of the late Margaret Johnson
Photo: Hana King - by Pia Johnson