PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for this performance have sold out.
The Poet, Nature and the Dance
Featuring Howard Penny and the ANAM Orchestra
“This program is about Romanticism with a capital ‘R’. We hear the passions and fevered inspirations of the poet in Schumann’s rarely played Manfred overture, the warm sounds of Bohemian countryside and an array of dances of the Danube in Dvořák’s symphony, and Strauss with a Hungarian accent to bring things to a fizzing close. From the poet’s garret, to the village green, to champagne at the ball - it’s all here!”
– Howard Penny
ANAM Head of Strings, Resident Cello Faculty (Chair of Cello, Supported Anonymously)
SCHUMANN Manfred Overture
DVOŘÁK Symphony no. 8 in G major, op. 88
J STRAUSS Jr Polka Eljen a Magyar
Howard Penny cello/director
Duration: approx. 1 hour (no interval)
- For details on ANAM's COVID-safe policy and what to expect at this event, CLICK HERE
- A $5 booking fee applies – this fee is waived for ANAMates members.
- If you are an ANAMates Member, please ensure you are logged in to redeem your 10% discount (applied at the checkout, the next step in your booking process).
- If purchasing a senior, concession or under 30 ticket, please provide proof of eligibility. Concession includes full time student card or pension card.
- If you hold a government issued Companion Card you are eligible for a free ticket for your companion. Please call us on 03 9645 7911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your booking.
Howard Penny's ANAM Faculty position is generously supported by an anonymous donor
Photo by Cameron Jamieson