Expressions of Interest for the 2020 ANAM Artists program are now open, until midnight Wednesday 6 March 2019
Celebrating the careers of our outstanding alumni, the ANAM Artists program brings together a handful of musicians each year, showcasing their skill in a national series of recitals and performances across the country.
Alumni selected to be ANAM Artists will receive:
- At least one national tour including a combination of city and regional venues (with a minimum of five performances)
- Professional tour management support
- Performance fees for each engagement
- All travel and accommodation expenses covered outside of Melbourne (including international and interstate return travel, if based outside Australia or Victoria)
- Media representation/exposure through ANAM and partnered venues
- Access to ANAM facilities and rehearsal spaces prior to tour dates
- Access to mentoring from industry professionals
- The capacity to take on additional external engagements once ANAM Artists tour dates have been confirmed
ANAM is now open to receiving Expressions of Interest from alumni to be a 2020 ANAM Artist. The program is open to instrumental soloists, and chamber ensembles. There will be two major ANAM Artist tours in 2020.
Your Expression of Interest must address the ANAM Artists requirements below:
- Open to any ANAM alumni instrumentalists and chamber ensembles who have continued to demonstrate performance excellence in classical repertoire in the public performance sphere, either in Australia or abroad
- Open to any ANAM alumni instrumentalists and chamber ensembles whose performing careers would most benefit from the experience of being heard across a national platform
- Open to any ANAM alumni instrumentalists and chamber ensembles who have not been an ANAM Artist in 2017, 2018 or 2019
As these tours are presented under the ANAM banner, more than half of the members of any ensemble applying to be ANAM Artists must be ANAM alumni.
- Provide name, instrument, and country and state of residence for each ensemble member (essential)
- Provide performance CV for each artist or ensemble (essential)
- Provide recent recording (last 18 months) for each artist or ensemble (essential)
- Outline a program concept with suggested repertoire (essential)
- Outline a public relations concept with components of biography and programming that would support a marketing campaign (essential)
- Outline any recent and/or forthcoming performances in Australia (essential)
- Outline community and/or educational program concepts that could be delivered as part of an ANAM Artist residency (essential)
- Confirm ability to meet contracted requirements (essential), including:
*A statement of general availability, including confirmed dates of unavailability in 2020
*Willingness to include ‘ANAM Artist’ in all biographical/promotional material throughout the year (essential)
- Provide recent reviews from the last 18 months (optional)
These tours are managed by ANAM, but each performance will be presented by venues in regional and metropolitan centres, to a broad range of audiences. Please consider this diversity of audiences when creating your application.
Expressions of Interest will be reviewed by an ANAM Artists assessment panel, which includes ANAM’s Artistic Director, General Manager and an external independent representative.
Please send your Expression of Interest via email to:
+61 3 9645 7911 for any queries